The Struggle and Why YOU Should Take This Course
Early in my career, I wasted months trying to learn more skills to break into a technical writing role. Despite all of my efforts, I was completely lost because:
- I lacked a formal background in documenting processes
- The courses and boot camps offered in the industry were either too jargon-filled, or lacked the sufficient depth.
- I didn't have insider tips nor the right resources on how to stand out as a candidate in technical writing interviews
To become a better technical writing professional, I went down the rabbit hole to understand what it takes to build successful documentation from the inside out. I interviewed thought-leaders within the industry. I learned the behaviors and habits of successful technical writers. Empowered with this knowledge, I received many job interviews at top tier companies and startups.
Within 3 years, I went from a complete newbie to an award-winning Technical Writer. Today, my technical writing has been read by over 1 billion people.
I created the One Week Technical Writing Certification Course so that no one else had to go through the painful experience that I went through to become more experienced and land my first technical writing role.
One Week Technical Writer was created for aspiring technical writers or people who want to brush up on their technical writing skills. In this course, I teach: fundamentals of technical writing, how to create great documentation, how to answer technical writing interview questions and how to stand out in the recruiting process to land a technical writing job.
"To be successful as a technical writer, you need to learn fundamental technical writing skills. Over my career, I’ve helped hundreds of people become more technical and break into technical writing. I’ve compiled everything I’ve learned into this One Week Technical Technical Writing certification course to put you on the fast track towards success."
"Josh's exceptional guidance and knowledge made this the best course that I've ever taken on the fundamentals of technical writing and landing a technical a technical writing job." - 5/5 stars
- Ben Wise., Technical Writing student who now works as a Technical Writer
"While I started the program with zero experience, I realized learning the fundamental concepts isn't as insurmountable as I initially expected as long as I put in the effort to learn. This program is the one-stop shop for all technical writing."
- Angie Or, Mechanical Design Engineer
"My biggest aha moment was when learning about the different technical documentation tools. It provided understanding of a top technical writer's workflow."
David F., Product Manager
"This program allows me to finally gain a more holistic understanding of the back-end mechanics that are involved with technical writing - resulting in more strategic conversations with technical stakeholders and empowering more informed decision making."
- Hannah F., Project Manager
What are you going to get from this course?
Over 50+ lectures, 5+ downloadable technical writing templates, and exclusive interviews (more added over time) with technical writing professionals in the industry.
Learn key fundamentals of being a technical writer, how to dominate technical writing interviews, and how to stand out as a better candidate to land the job including topics like:
- How to Implement Technical Writing Key Responsibilities
- How to Set Scope and Purpose of Your Documentation
- How to Analyze Your Audience
- How to Conduct Proper Research
- How to Structure and Design Your Sentences
- How to Create Great Documentation Layout
- How to Conduct User Interviews
- How to Foster Learning and Development
- How to Manage a Knowledge Base
- How to Use Tools for Your Documentation
- How to Write and Edit Documentation for Most Use Cases
- How to Write an FAQ
- API Writing
- How to Write White Papers
- How to Write User Manuals
- How to Write Case Studies
- 20+ Technical Writer Interview Questions Answered
- Crafting your resume and job search to land interviews
Exclusive interviews with current technical writing professionals from companies like Airbnb, PlayStation, Spotify and Oracle including insider tips on breaking into technical writing, popular questions they like to ask candidates during interviews, and their recommendations on standing out in the recruiting process
Access to downloadable templates used by actual technical writers on the job.
Learn the process of answering the most popular technical writing interview questions in order to stand out as a technical writing candidate.
Earn a certificate of completion upon finishing the course
- I have been 100% committed to adding more BONUS course content and interviews with tech product leaders over time (I love all things Technical Writing and highly enjoy adding content!) and you'll get FREE LIFETIME ACCESS to all future content!